1.5K views
2.2

As a gift I received a membership that was to begin in January and continue for the year, all paid in advance. I had yet to visit the club and heard that all the equipment was new and the place was often packed, which is great for them. Because of my life schedule I determined that I would be unable to use the membership (had never been there, or checked in to work out, etc.). I called to inquire of cancellation and to see what there policy is in regards to refunding the company that gifted me the membership. The manager, who pretty much laughed at me, and wouldn't explain the conditions of the contract, in all simplicity and out of mere courtesy, said they do not give refunds and implied that I was ridiculous to even ask. Instead he seamed to take it very personal, though I was non reactive. (When I had called earlier the front desk didn't even know when a manager would be in, but had expected him in an hour before.)

So, I asked for a corporate number to inquire of the policy, that he was unable to explain to me intelligibly and in a non-demeaning fashion. He demanded my information. I said politely that I would like the corporate number (Again very non reactive). He blew his top and told me that If I did not give him my information he would hang up.

Too many energy drinks, redbull and Yagermeister? Not sure what sent this guy over the edge, but very disappointed.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $300. This person is overall dissatisfied with Muv Fitness. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Muv Fitness.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Fitness Centers category for more informed decision or compare Muv Fitness to other companies on our site.

Comments

Probably the same cocky guy I spoke with whose first question was "why are you pissed off?" ...what a professional

Steroids. There all on Roids at muv.

You can NOT cancel a membership if you move out of town unless you go back in person..WHAT kind world does that make sense in?

I took a job out of state and was told my membership with this gym (formerly OZ fitness) was placed in suspension- after they started charging me again the next month I fought for 6 months to cancel my gym membership.

Worst customer service experience I have ever encountered I had to contact my CC company and get a fraud case to get the "dues" I was charged back.

I was told my membership was canceled, given an email address to send a signed affidavit of cancellation upon sending the email it was returned undelivered, incredible. After being reasured it was canceled I made a stop by the gym next time I was in town to find the membership still active.

Then was charged "back dues" and forced to sign paperwork to cancel or be threatened with being sent to collections.I paid and will NEVER go back.