1.6
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

This place will straight up lie to you to get your money. Straight up tell you they’re not trying to take your money one second, then try to sell you some garbage supplement the next second.

Not only that, they will have you sign a contract off of a computer screen that YOU can’t see, but they will verbally ‘explain’ for you before you sign. Case and point, I went in wanting to cancel my personal training. I had been shuffled around to various trainers, lied to about who I would be training with, and after 4 min this STILL had no online meal plan personally designed to my dietary needs (what a fricking joke). I didn’t even have access to the ‘free’ online training that came with the personal trainer.

When I went in to cancel the manager talked me into freezing my account and told me that I would have to notify them when I wanted it turned back on. Okay fine. It’s of note that I am also in medical school and had a LOT on my plate at the time. He pulled up the contract on HIS computer, across the desk from HIM ( as in, I could not see the screen) and had me sign on one of those signature pads.

I did not get s print out of this contract.

Once my sessions were used up I was way too busy to train so I didn’t ever turn them back on. Fast forward to 6 months later, I realize they’ve been charging me for the past 4 months. By this time I have moved because I am now on clinical rotations for school. I called them up to say what the heck and they literally told me it’s my own fault cuz I signed a contract to freeze my account for 2 months.

Awesome... so I realize there’s a muv by my new home and go in to see if I can have those 4 months (ahem almost $1000 worth) of sessions moved to the new location. Nope.

They basically stole my money, charging me for personal training I did NOT receive and WILL NOT receive.

Furthermore, after ‘canceling’ training officially, they have charged me again. They have now taken over $1000 from me for services I have not received, and told me it’s my fault.

What a scam.

Should I have been more careful about signing the contract (aka not so trusting)?

Should I have kept a closer eye on my bank account so I realized they were charging me sooner? Yes

I realize where I went wrong but that does not take away from the fact that they basically took my money and lied to me and refuse to take any responsibility for it

Product or Service Mentioned: Muv Fitness Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments